Cheerful Hearts Foundation (CHF) is a nonprofit organization that was founded in 2008 by Bright Fiasti and Eric Opoku Agyemang. CHF was founded to educate and empower rural citizens in the Central Region of Ghana through human rights, public health and education initiatives.
Cheerful Hearts Foundation (CHF) is a nonprofit non governmental organization that was founded in 2008 by Bright Fiasti and Eric Opoku Agyemang. CHF was founded to stop child labour and trafficking by educating and empowering rural citizens in the Central Region of Ghana through human rights, public health and education initiatives.
CHF realized the widespread human rights violations that existed throughout the rural communities in Ghana, and has committed to provide those most in need with the basic human services and skills to thrive.
What We Do
CHF aims to fulfill our mission through three interconnected projects: Stop Child Labour & Trafficking, Public Health, and Education Standards. Each project targets the source of the daily problems rural citizens face by taking preventative steps in order to achieve sustainable change. We work in three communities in the Central Region of Ghana: Senya Beraku, Gomoah Fetteh, and Gomoah Nyanyano.
We value researching and managing projects as a hands-on team, with the immense help of international interns and volunteers. Within each of our three projects, we also understand the importance of working together with local leaders and community members. Our collaboration within the communities has led to the development of various initiatives, such as our Women’s Entrepreneurship and Leadership Development (WELD) programme and schools’ soccer league programmes.
Cheerful Hearts Foundation is committed to:
- Integrity– acting with honesty and transparency
- Respect – treating all citizens equally
- Empowerment – dedicating our efforts to finding sustainable ways to improve the lives and futures of rural citizens
- Collaboration – Fostering relationships with individuals, communities, and organizations
- Responsibility– being accountable to the people and communities we serve
- Diversity – creating an environment built on open-mindedness and inclusion